Transporting seasonal workers during COVID-19
If you provide transportation to your workers to, from or around the workplace, you must have a health management plan in place to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
Measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission include:
- passengers meeting social distancing requirements by maintaining a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from each other in the vehicle
- bus, minibus or van passengers keeping at least 1 vacant seat in all directions, separating them from other passengers
- vehicles having as much fresh air circulation as possible by adjusting air conditioning or opening windows and leaving windows down between trips, wherever possible
- good hygiene measures and consistent cleaning of vehicles, paying particular attention to frequently touched surfaces
- any unwell staff staying home.