Prepare your tourism and hospitality business for disasters
Use our tourism and hospitality disaster resources to help you prevent, prepare, respond and recover from a disaster or emergency.
Being prepared can help reduce damage to your business and get you back to business quickly.
Tourism and hospitality small businesses can include:
- attractions and experiences
- tour and transport operators
- hotels and accommodation providers
- restaurants and cafes
- tourism retail shops
- sporting facilities.
Contact your regional tourism organisation or local tourism organisation if you need support on how to handle communication and messaging during a disaster or emergency incident or advice during recovery.
Types of disasters and emergencies
Choose the disaster or emergency most likely to impact your business.
Major health event
- Pandemics (e.g. COVID-19)
- Epidemics (e.g. mosquito borne diseases such as dengue, malaria)
- Localised outbreaks (e.g. Legionnaires' disease, diseases from animal contact)
- Food poisoning or contamination
- Visitor or workplace accidents or deaths
- Loss of power, infrastructure or transport disaster
- Biosecurity threats (pest and animal disease outbreaks)
- Dangerous material spills, leaks or explosions
- Terrorist or major criminal incidents
- Climate change risks