Prepare your tourism and hospitality business for disasters
Tourism and hospitality disaster checklists
Use our tourism and hospitality disaster resources to help you prevent, prepare, respond and recover from a disaster or emergency.
Being prepared can help reduce damage to your business and get you back to business quickly.
Tourism and hospitality small businesses can include:
- attractions and experiences
- tour and transport operators
- hotels and accommodation providers
- restaurants and cafes
- tourism retail shops
- sporting facilities.
Contact your regional tourism organisation or local tourism organisation if you need support on how to handle communication and messaging during a disaster or emergency incident or advice during recovery.
Download the Small business disaster hub app for Apple iOS or Android to access this information offline and receive relevant alerts.
Types of disasters and emergencies
Choose the disaster or emergency most likely to impact your business.
Major health event
- Pandemics (e.g. COVID-19)
- Epidemics (e.g. mosquito borne diseases such as dengue, malaria)
- Localised outbreaks (e.g. Legionnaires' disease, diseases from animal contact)
- Food poisoning or contamination
- Visitor or workplace accidents or deaths
- Loss of power, infrastructure or transport disaster
- Biosecurity threats (pest and animal disease outbreaks)
- Dangerous material spills, leaks or explosions
- Terrorist or major criminal incidents
- Climate change risks
I want to...
- Learn about Queensland natural disaster assistance
- Download or print disaster checklists and templates
- Find emergency alerts, warnings and contacts
- Learn how small businesses prepare, respond and recover
- View disaster recovery 'how to' videos
- Download the Small business disaster hub app
- Find mental health support services in Queensland