Waste receiver tracking obligations
A waste receiver, for the purposes of the waste tracking provisions, is the person to whom the waste is transported.
Trackable waste and exemptions
View a full list of waste that must be tracked in Queensland. This list includes waste codes which must be included when completing waste tracking certificates.
You can also view a list of exemptions from waste tracking requirements.
Obligations for waste generators
If you are a waste receiver, there are waste tracking obligations that apply to you:
- When you receive the waste, you must obtain the prescribed information about the waste from the transporter.
- Submit the prescribed information about the waste to the Department of Environment and Science (DES).
- If another waste handler is submitting the information on your behalf, you must enter into a written agent's agreement.
- Report any discrepancy in information received from the generator in writing to DES (e.g. waste type, weight, receiving facility).
- Record and keep the prescribed information for a minimum of 5 years.
Waste must not be removed or released from a licensed regulated waste transporter's vehicle unless it is at a site that holds an environmental authority to receive regulated waste.
Submitting waste tracking information
You must submit your waste tracking information using the following approved methods:
Record, submit and access information on trackable waste movements anytime using your Connect customer account.
Record, submit and access information on trackable waste movements anytime using the bulk upload data file submission using your Connect customer account. To use this submission method, you may need to enter into an agent's agreement with another waste handler.
Record and submit prescribed information using paper waste tracking certificates by post or email. In addition to providing information to the transporter, you must:
- give the WTC white copy with parts 1, 2 and 3 completed to DES
- keep the WTC yellow copy with parts 1 and 2 completed for a minimum of 5 years.
I want to...
- Small Business State Budget 2019-20 Roadshows - Redlands 18/06/2019
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Cairns 18/06/2019