About Online Services (Department of Environment and Science)

Online Services scheduled maintenance

Online Services will be undergoing scheduled maintenance and will be unavailable to all users from 6pm (AEST) Thursday, 12 August 2021 until 8am (AEST) Monday, 16 August 2021.

All online draft applications not submitted by 6pm (AEST) Thursday, 12 August 2021 will no longer be available to view, make changes or submit via Online Services.

Online Services is the online digital platform for managing services and transactions with the Department of Environment and Science (DES).

We continue to process manual applications and lodgements, however we will no longer accept credit card payments over the phone or in person when Online Services is available.

Register for an Online Services account to streamline how you do business with DES.

Benefits of becoming an Online Services customer

Using Online Services is a fast and efficient way to manage your information and business obligations with us.

Register for Online Services to:

  • manage contact details and business and personal information online
  • submit applications and pay instantly
  • access your online lodgement, annual returns and waste transport certificates.

Your customer account gives you the flexibility to create multiple users or to allow an agent to act on your behalf, so you can give access to everyone who needs it.

Learn more about Online Services user account types.

Using Online Services

Environmental authorities

If you engage with DES in relation to an environmental authority (EA) you can:

  • submit standard applications for EAs, pay and receive your permit
  • submit new site specific and variation applications and pay for these using Online Services
  • submit amendment applications and pay for them using Online Services
  • receive your permit or amended permit by email once it has been approved
  • access your annual return and invoice, and pay your invoice using Online Services
  • apply to be a 'suitable operator'. (Note: Online applications will no longer be possible after 6pm (AEST) Thursday, 12 August 2021. After this time, applications must be made by completing and submitting the application form to be a registered suitable operator (DOCX, 213KB)).

Trackable waste

If you are involved in transporting of trackable waste you can:

  • submit waste transport certificates
  • submit and pay for bulk uploads of waste transportation movements.

Learn more about waste tracking in Online Services.

Wildlife and plants

If you are required to hold a wildlife or plant permit or licence you can:

  • apply for various wildlife or plant related permits or licences
  • complete and submit movement advices (if both customers have permits issued through Online Services)
  • lodge returns.

Technical support

Support is available Monday–Friday 8.30am–4.30pm (AEST) (except public holidays).

Also consider...


General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)

Technical support for Online Services:

  • Mon-Fri 8.30am–4.30pm AEST (except public holidays)
  • Phone: 1300 130 372 (option 6)
  • Email: digital@des.qld.gov.au