About Online Services (Department of Environment and Science)
Online Services is the online digital platform for managing services and transactions with the Department of Environment and Science (DES).
We continue to process manual applications and lodgements, however we will no longer accept credit card payments over the phone or in person when Online Services is available.
Register for an Online Services account to streamline how you do business with DES.
Benefits of becoming an Online Services customer
Using Online Services is a fast and efficient way to manage your information and business obligations with us.
Register for Online Services to:
- manage contact details and business and personal information online
- submit applications and pay instantly
- access your online lodgement, annual returns and waste transport certificates.
Your customer account gives you the flexibility to create multiple users or to allow an agent to act on your behalf, so you can give access to everyone who needs it.
Learn more about Online Services user account types.
Using Online Services
If you engage with DES in relation to an environmental authority (EA) you can:
- submit standard applications for EAs, pay and receive your permit
- submit new site specific and variation applications and pay for these using Online Services
- submit amendment applications and pay for them using Online Services
- receive your permit or amended permit by email once it has been approved
- access your annual return and invoice, and pay your invoice using Online Services.
Parks and Forests
If you require a permission from Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service and Partnerships, you can now apply online for the following:
- Apiary Permit for national and conservation parks
- Commercial Activity Permit
- Commercial Activity Permit (roving - island national parks in Great Barrier Reef)
- Marine Park Permit (State only)
- Occupation Permit
- Organised Event Permit
- permit to solicit information and donations
- permit to use recreational craft
If applicable, you can also undertake the following:
- submit returns
- lodge amendments, renewals and transfers
- request an invoice or make any relevant payments
- access any approved authority or returns.
If you are involved in transporting of trackable waste you can:
- submit waste transport certificates
- submit and pay for bulk uploads of waste transportation movements.
Learn more about waste tracking in Online Services.
Wildlife and plants
If you are required to hold a wildlife or plant permit or licence you can:
- apply for various wildlife or plant related permits or licences
- complete and submit movement advices (if both customers have permits issued through Online Services)
- lodge returns.
Support is available Monday–Friday 8.30am–4.30pm (AEST) (except public holidays).
- Phone: 1300 130 372 (select option 6)
- Email: email@example.com
- Last reviewed: 16 Aug 2021
- Last updated: 17 Aug 2021
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
Technical support for Online Services:
- Mon-Fri 8.30am–4.30pm AEST (except public holidays)
- Phone: 1300 130 372 (option 6)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org