Your electricity supply
Electricity customers in Queensland generally buy their electricity from retailers (however, if you lease an industrial or commercial property, you might be getting your electricity through an 'embedded network').
Electricity distributors own and operate the poles and wires that deliver electricity to individual homes and businesses.
The distributors are also responsible for trimming trees, meter reading, the safety of their networks, dealing with emergencies such as lines down, and restoring power after outages. If you have problems with your electricity supply, such as power interruptions, you should contact your distributor.
Queensland's electricity distributors
Queensland has over 1.9 million industrial, commercial and domestic consumers of electricity. These consumers are serviced by:
- Energex - supplies electricity to customers in South East Queensland
Phone 13 12 53
- Ergon Energy - supplies electricity to rural and regional Queensland
Phone 13 10 46
- Essential Energy (formerly Country Energy) - a New South Wales energy distributor, which supplies area in and around Goondiwindi, close to the Queensland - New South Wales border
Phone: 13 23 91
I want to...
- The impact of Indigenous Procurement - Panel discussion 14/07/2020
- Payroll tax annual return 2020 15/07/2020