Residential park rules

The residential park owner sets the rules about the use, enjoyment, control and management of the park. Park rules might include:

  • use and operation of communal facilities
  • noise levels
  • sport and other recreational facilities
  • speed limits for motor vehicles
  • parking of motor vehicles
  • disposal of garbage
  • keeping of pets (can depend on local government laws)
  • any other things you are regulated to set.

Changing park rules

If you would like to change the park rules, you must follow this process:

  1. Set a date (objection closing day) for home owners to object to the proposed park rules.
  2. Give each home owner notice of the proposal at least 28 days before the objection closing date. The notice should state the objection closing date, and how to lodge objections. Home owners can object in writing and should explain why they believe the proposal is unreasonable.
  3. If 5 or more home owners object (the objectors), or the park has fewer than 10 residential sites and the majority of them object before the objection closing day, you and the objectors must set up a park liaison committee to consider the objections. The park liaison committee must be made up of:
    1. a person chosen by the objectors (which may be an objector)
    2. you or your nominee
    3. someone else agreed to by the above representatives.

The park liaison committee

  1. The park liaison committee must consider all objections and decide whether the proposal is reasonable or unreasonable.
  2. If the committee decides the proposal is unreasonable, it must change the proposal in a way they consider appropriate to make it reasonable.
  3. If the committee proposes to make a decision that would be contrary to an objection from a home owner regarding a change in park rules, the committee must invite objectors to a park liaison committee meeting and advise them of the proposed decision.
  4. The committee must then give notice of its decision to each home owner and the park owner. If the committee cannot agree or objectors are dissatisfied with the outcome, they can apply to the registrar of the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) to refer the dispute for mediation.
  5. If there are no objections, or the number is not enough to require a park liaison committee, the proposal takes effect:
    1. at the end of the objection closing day
    2. on a later day stated in the proposal.