Request review of a community housing decision
Housing service providers (i.e. registered providers, funded ancillary providers and national providers) may request a review of a reviewable decision, as described under Part 6 of the Housing Act 2003.
There is no charge to apply for review.
Decisions that may be reviewed
Chief executive decisions
- Appointing an interim manager for the business of a funded ancillary provider
- Varying the category of registration of a national provider
- Refusing a registration application
- Refusing a national provider's application to vary the provider's registration
- Imposing an additional standard condition
- Cancelling a registered provider's registration
- Refusing a registered provider's application to cancel the provider's registration
- Issuing binding instructions to a registered provider
- Appointing a statutory manager for a registered provider
You can apply for a review of a:
- chief executive decision: within 28 days of receiving the decision
- registrar decision: within 14 days of receiving the decision.
We may accept an application for review outside these time frames on a case-by-case basis.
How to apply
To apply for a review of a decision:
- Complete an Application for review—housing service providers (PDF, 154KB).
- Explain the decision you're seeking a review for and why you believe the decision was wrong, unreasonable or unfair.
- Attach copies of any documents that support your application.
- Have 2 office bearers (usually members of your board or committee) sign the application.
- Submit the application:
- in person to the Housing Service Centre
- by email: RegulatoryServices@chde.qld.gov.au
- by mail:
Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy
Regulatory Services, Housing Act Reviews Team (HART)
GPO Box 690
BRISBANE QLD 4001
What happens next
- The Housing Act Reviews Team (HART) registers your application and gives it a review reference number.
- We notify you by mail that we've received your application (within 5 days of receiving it).
- A staff member from the area that made the original decision will be asked to provide its reasoning and any recommendations about the original decision.
- We consider your application based on:
- the information in your application
- the recommendation from the area that made the original decision
- relevant policies and procedures, and how they apply to your circumstances.
- We send you a formal letter telling you the outcome, usually within 28 days of receiving your application.
If you're unhappy with the outcome
If you believe the outcome of your review was unreasonable, unfair or wrong, you can contact the Queensland Ombudsman.
Contact us by:
- phone: (07) 3013 2666
- email: RegulatoryServices@chde.qld.gov.au.
- Last reviewed: 9 Dec 2022
- Last updated: 16 Feb 2023