The CRC-FORGE application is used by civil engineering professionals dealing with engineering applications (e.g. spillway capacity and robustness of dams, general flood estimates for urban areas, and levees including on mine sites).
It can be used for design or checking of flood capacity of medium to large civil engineering infrastructure.
- Download CRC-FORGE (ZIP, 181MB).
- Open and copy all the files into a directory of your choice.
- Double-click the executable (.exe) file. Consider creating a shortcut for regular use.
- You can get help within the application and a basic guide manual. Older PCs should not take more than a minute to run the application.
If you already have the data set and files, but have encountered difficulty with the application on Windows 7, the revised executable can be downloaded individually (EXE, 681KB).
This application runs on the Windows operating system using .NET to access the graphical user interface. The revised application requires at least version 3.5 of the .NET framework. In most cases this version of .NET will already be installed with Windows.
Usage and utility
The application provides catchment and point estimates of rainfall at preset durations and annual probabilities (in the form of a table). It provides rainfall estimates out to rare annual probabilities (defined here as being less than 1 in 1,000).
This application accepts catchment or point definition (in the form of imported text files) or by clicking on an imported map. Input is displayed on a basic location map of Queensland and can be edited as necessary.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues with this application.
- Find out more about Australian Rainfall and Runoff (ARR) used for the estimation of design flood characteristics in Australia.
- Last reviewed: 04 Jun 2018
- Last updated: 04 Jun 2018