Gas work licence and authorisation holder obligations
Before installing new gas system or increasing demand on gas distribution network
Before you install a new gas system, or increase the demand by 100MJ/hour (or more), and the gas is supplied by a gas distribution system (metered), you must advise the network operator (gas supplier):
- about the works
- the expected increase in demand for gas (how many MJ/hour).
Before installing new gas system or new gas appliances
Before installing a new gas system or installing an additional gas appliance you must ensure the gas supply is adequate to satisfy the additional demand for gas. Make sure you check the:
- LP gas cylinder storage and vaporisation rate
- gas meter and meter capacity
- pipe sizing.
After completing gas system installation or gas system alteration
When you have finished the gas system installation/alteration you must do the following:
- issue a gas system compliance certificate to the owner (immediately on completion) to certify the installation is compliant
- send a copy of the gas system compliance certificate to the network operator within 5 days
- attach a gas compliance plate to the relevant electrical meter box that identifies your licence/authorisation number, the certificate number, the date of the works and the relevant code for the works.
|Fuel gas delivery network operator||Gas type NG/LPG||Metered or cylinder supply|
|Hamilton Island Services||LPG||Meteremail@example.com|
|Qld Gas Company||LPG||Meterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|The Village Taigum - Anglicare||NG||Meteremail@example.com|
|Trident Property Advisory||LPG||Meterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Last reviewed: 10 Mar 2022
- Last updated: 10 Mar 2022