Metalliferous and industrial minerals
Production and sales statistics
Applying for a resource authority
Exploration and investment resources
For more information on exploring and investing in Queensland, see the following resources.
Queensland's resources industries
- Queensland exploration and investment resource package is a comprehensive guide for potential explorers and investors. For a free copy, contact the Geological Survey of Queensland hotline.
- Read about investing in Queensland mining for information on investment support, exploration opportunities and current tenders.
- Search for applications, grants or resource authorities in an area using our free public search services.
- Use GeoResGlobe to view the location and boundaries of resource authorities.
Maps, data and publications
- GeoResGlobe, our online GIS service, has tenure, geoscience and resource information.
- The GSQ Open Data Portal lets you download large spatial data sets, maps and reports.
- The GSQ Open Data Portal has geological maps and reports to download free of charge.
- Geological Survey of Queensland sells a range of maps, data and publications.
- QSpatial allows you to view and download geospatial data and information.
Holders of resource authorities are required to submit a range of statutory reports on their activities through the GSQ Lodgement Portal. After a period of confidentiality, these reports and data are made publicly available through the GSQ Open Data Portal.
Contact the Geological Survey of Queensland for geoscience, exploration and investment information.
- Last reviewed: 6 Nov 2019
- Last updated: 18 Apr 2019