The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Production and sales statistics
Applying for a resource authority
Exploration and investment resources
For more information on exploring and investing in Queensland, see the following resources.
Queensland's coal resources and industry
Queensland's resources industries
- Queensland exploration and investment resource package is a comprehensive guide for potential explorers and investors. For a free copy, contact the Geological Survey of Queensland hotline.
- Read about investing in Queensland mining for information on investment support, exploration opportunities and current tenders.
- Search for applications, grants or resource authorities in an area using our free public search services.
- Use GeoResGlobe to view the location and boundaries of resource authorities.
Maps, data and publications
- GeoResGlobe, our online GIS service, has tenure, geoscience and resource information.
- The GSQ Open Data Portal lets you download large spatial data sets, maps and reports.
- The GSQ Open Data Portal has geological maps and reports to download free of charge.
- Geological Survey of Queensland sells a range of maps, data and publications.
- QSpatial allows you to view and download geospatial data and information.
Holders of resource authorities are required to submit a range of statutory reports on their activities through the GSQ Lodgement Portal. After a period of confidentiality, these reports and data are made publicly available through the GSQ Open Data Portal.
Contact the Geological Survey of Queensland for geoscience, exploration and investment information.
- Last reviewed: 6 Nov 2019
- Last updated: 3 Aug 2020