Public searches for resource authorities
You can search for resource authority applications or grants details on your land and surrounding area by using our free public search service, below.
You can also obtain undermining and shaft information by completing the Undermining search request form (PDF, 1.4MB). Note that our historic records relating to abandoned mines are incomplete and we cannot guarantee the reliability of this information. View the form for more information.
Search for resource authorities in your area
- Enter the lot on plan number or select the local government area to find information about resource authority applications and grants
- enter the resource authority number to obtain details about the authority.
One moment please.
Local government authority reports
- are updated every month and show all resource authorities for the area
- explain the purpose and types of activities allowed for each authority type
- will be emailed to you as a zip file that may reach up to 12MB in size.
Note: During times of high demand it could take up to 48 hours for the report to come through to your inbox. If you don't receive the report in this time frame, contact the Mines Online helpdesk on +61 7 3199 8133.
Lot on plan searches
These searches will show if any resource authorities have been granted over the land, and if there are any applications pending.
You can find the lot on plan number:
- on your rates notice
- online using the property and title search (just enter your address to find the property description).
Resource authority public reports
To obtain this report, enter the resource authority type followed by its number (e.g. ML 100055). The report provides details about the resource authority including:
- holder details
- contact information
- lodgement and grant dates
- area descriptions
- registered dealings.
View a map of the resource authority
With the resource authority number you can view a map showing the location and boundaries of a resource authority using GeoResGlobe.
- Open GeoResGlobe. Tick the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions and click Get started.
- To find the permit you are interested in, click Search. Select All current permits.
- Enter the resource authority number (from the lot on plan search or local government authority report). Press Enter or click the magnifying glass to search.
- Tabs will appear for each layer that returned a result. Click on the required tab.
- Click the down arrow next to your chosen record and then click Zoom to feature.
- Last reviewed: 6 Nov 2019
- Last updated: 1 Jul 2020