Dispute resolution and other assistance

It's important to remember a compensation agreement or determination binds future landholders of the property as well as any new holder of the mining claim or mining lease.

You should always obtain independent advice from a solicitor before signing any agreement. We also recommend you obtain advice from your accountant about tax and GST issues related to any compensation payments you receive.

You'll find important information to help you prepare for negotiations in A guide to landholder compensation for mining claims and mining leases (PDF, 2MB).

You can also refer to the standard compensation agreement template for small-scale mining operations (DOCX, 59KB).

Our Resource community infoline can help if you have concerns around the way in which negotiations are being conducted or for emerging disputes.

The Land Court can help you resolve disputes without a hearing through conferences, mediations and case appraisals.