Step 7: Recognise and reward service quality
Recognition and reward are important tools for ensuring ongoing service quality in your business. Look for ways to recognise and reward both your staff and your customers.
Recognise and reward staff
Recognition can be planned or spontaneous. Examples of planned recognition include:
- regular staff performance reviews
- pay bonuses or gifts for reaching targets
- time off (in lieu for full-time staff, or a break for casual staff)
- employee-of-the-month awards.
Spontaneous recognition might include:
- passing on positive feedback from customers and management to staff
- thanking staff when they do a good job
- surprising your staff with morning or afternoon tea.
Recognise and reward customers
As well as recognising and rewarding your staff, it's important to recognise customer feedback, whether it's positive or negative, and thank them for their contribution to your business. For example, you may choose to reward certain customers with discounts.