Fish stocking permit

You need a permit from Fisheries Queensland if you represent a registered stocking group that wants to introduce fingerlings to Queensland waters, including into any dam, stream or other publicly owned waterway.

This permit can't be renewed or transferred.

How to apply

  1. Read the policy for fish stocking in Queensland (PDF, 2.7MB)
  2. Organise a pre-lodgement meeting with Fisheries Queensland to develop an agreed Stocking Management Plan.
  3. Complete and submit the permit application.

After you submit

We aim to assess your permit application within 60 business days.

Sometimes this process takes longer because the application is complex, or not all required information is provided at the time of application.