The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Livestock entry requirements for Queensland
You no longer need a certificate of health to bring livestock into Queensland. Instead, owners must ensure that they understand and have met all requirements for moving livestock within Queensland.
Livestock owners have a general biosecurity obligation to prevent or minimise the likelihood or impact of a biosecurity risk.
People introducing livestock into Queensland should seek a written assurance about the health status of the animals to be introduced.
Specific requirements for moving livestock
Entry requirements for other states and territories
- New South Wales livestock movement requirements
- Victoria livestock entry requirements
- Tasmania animal entry requirements
- South Australia livestock movement requirements
- Western Australia livestock movement requirements
- Northern Territory livestock entry requirements.