Legal requirements when transporting animals
Queensland's livestock movement requirements are in place to prevent the spread of pests and diseases, and safeguard our food and markets.
Procedures and facilities are in place to:
- ensure livestock can be identified and movements traced
- ensure livestock are free of certain pests and diseases
- prevent chemical residues in stock and products
- ensure animals are well cared for during transportation.
These requirements apply to a range of livestock.
This guide describes the legal requirements for moving livestock, including National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) requirements.
- Last reviewed: 1 Jul 2016
- Last updated: 1 Jul 2016