You have to meet certain requirements if you move deer within Queensland, or into Queensland from other states and territories.
These requirements help protect our industries from pests and diseases.
Moving deer within Queensland
Before moving deer within Queensland you must:
- become a registered biosecurity entity (RBE) to be allocated a property identification code (PIC)
- complete a movement record
- understand and follow animal welfare transport standards
- ensure that you have met cattle tick minimization requirements as per the biosecurity manual (PDF, 1MB) when travelling between cattle tick zones.
Moving deer into Queensland from another state or territory
Ensure that you have met all Queensland travel requirements for deer.
Note: you do not require a Queensland certificate of health as of 1 July 2016 when moving deer into Queensland. You do have a general biosecurity obligation to prevent or minimise a biosecurity risk.
Moving deer from Queensland to another state or territory
Contact the state or territory's agriculture department to check their laws for moving deer.
Ensure that you meet all Queensland travel requirements for deer when moving through Queensland to get to another state.
- Find out about cattle tick regulations in Queensland.
- Last reviewed: 1 Jul 2016
- Last updated: 1 Jul 2016