Register as a biosecurity entity

If you own or keep certain animals in Queensland, you must be registered as a biosecurity entity.

Apply for registration

Complete the online account registration form on the biosecurity entity registration portal.

You will need to provide information about the:

  • landowner — the person, persons or organisation that owns the land where the animals are kept
  • occupier — the person who lives at the place where the animals are kept.
    If you are registering an organisation, include contact details for a preferred contact person that can be contacted if there is a biosecurity emergency.

Property identification code (PIC)

If you own livestock, the place you nominate in your biosecurity entity application will be assigned a property identification code.