Working with business advisers
Getting professional advice is a vital part of any business. Professional advisers can include financial advisers, legal experts, accountants, bankers and insurance brokers. Whether you're starting a new business or growing an established one, a good adviser can help you:
- identify and reach your business goals
- negotiate contracts and other complex documents
- understand and comply with rules and regulations
- minimise risk in your business.
Before you look for an adviser, you will need to have a thorough understanding of your business situation and the areas where you may need advice. With this information, you can research potential advisers to see if they have the right skills and experience for your specific needs. Once you have found the right adviser, you will need to build a good working relationship.
This guide explores what types of business advisers are available, how to find the right adviser, how to build a successful working relationship with your adviser and, when necessary, when to end your involvement with an adviser.
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Grouping provisions 26/03/2019
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 17/04/2019