Support for technology startup businesses
There are a range of support services for startup businesses in Queensland's information and communication technology (ICT) industry.
Incubator programs support startup businesses by boosting the skills, experience and networks of new business owners and entrepreneurs.
Services that incubators may offer include training, workshops, mentoring, office space and networking opportunities. Some may also offer financial support through seed funding and loan programs, and offer assistance for grant applications.
List of incubators in Queensland
Note: We don’t endorse any particular incubators and this list may not represent all available incubators in Queensland.
- Collider Accelerator (Queensland University of Technology's Creative Enterprise Australia)
- Gold Coast Innovation Hub
- Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast (University of the Sunshine Coast)
- RCL Accelerator (River City Labs)
- Startup Catalyst (River City Labs)
- Startup Onramp
- UniQuest (University of Queensland)
- Ventures (University of Queensland)
Co-working spaces are shared working spaces where startup businesses can access office facilities and collaboration and networking opportunities.
Grants and financial support
Advance Queensland offers a range of innovation funding and support programs for entrepreneurs, startups and small businesses. Eligible startups may be able to access finance, new business opportunities and management support through the programs on offer.
The Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program offers matched funding of up to $5,000 to eligible businesses to engage a consultant, advisor or business coach for up to 3 months to help establish or develop the business.
The Small Business Digital Grants Program offers matched funding of up to $10,000 to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching).
The Queensland Government Grants Finder lists details of grants and other financial support programs.
Indigenous Business Australia's Start-up Finance Package offers loans and grants for eligible businesses to launch their ideas and be competitive.
Find more information on innovation grants and support.
Programs and events
Mentoring for Growth offers eligible businesses access to volunteer business experts who provide insights, options and suggestions to help startups and small businesses grow and succeed.
The Business Queensland events calendar lists workshops, webinars and forums that provide advice and assistance to startups and small businesses across Queensland.
QODE, Australasia's leading global forum for innovation and technology, is an annual event presented by Advance Queensland. The forum showcases Queensland entrepreneurs and innovation to a global audience and brings together leaders, experts and professionals from across the sector.
Advance Queensland publishes innovation-specific events targeted at entrepreneurs and startups.
Your industry association can connect you with other professionals and businesses in the ICT industry through mentoring, workshops and networking opportunities.
Find a list of ICT industry associations.
- Use the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) to find what licences, permits, registrations and approvals you need to operate a business.
- Find information to develop and expand an ICT business.
- Learn about tendering to supply ICT products and services to government.
- Read about the Australian Small Business Advisory Services (ASBAS) Digital Solutions program offering digital advisory services to small businesses.
- Last reviewed: 05 Jun 2019
- Last updated: 05 Jun 2019