Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program
The Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program can assist new small businesses to access professional advice and support in the critical early stages of establishing a business.
Matched funding of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to engage a consultant, advisor or business coach for up to 3 months to help establish or develop the business. The minimum grant funding amount is $1,000.
The advice must fall under 1 or more of the following areas:
- business and strategic planning
- professional business advice (i.e. information technology (IT), legal or financial)
- marketing strategy development (i.e. branding strategies, social media/digital strategies, market research).
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the service.
To be eligible, the business must:
- have a business name registered within the last 4 years
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have Queensland headquarters
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
The participating business must provide a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
Only 1 application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business.
Successful applicants cannot reapply for this grant in future rounds.
Your business must also be in a financial position to pay up front for the approved training or service(s) in full. If successful, approved applicants will then be reimbursed after submitting supplier invoices and proof of purchase.
Applying for the grant
Round 4 is now open and closes at 5pm on 13 December 2018.
To apply, complete the following steps:
- read the eligibility criteria
- read the application guidelines and terms and conditions
- apply using this SmartyGrants link:
- Apply now
You will be advised if your application has been successful.
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applications will be prioritised on the:
- extent to which the services supported establishment and development of the business
- extent to which the services enhanced the owner's skills and abilities
- potential business improvements
- potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- value for money.
On completion of the project, successful applicants will be reimbursed 50% of the total project cost, up to the approved grant funding amount.
To receive reimbursement, applicants must:
- complete and submit an acquittal report through SmartyGrants
- issue a valid tax invoice to the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
- submit copies of supplier invoices and proof of purchase for the total project cost.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates about all our grants.
- Last reviewed: 15 Nov 2018
- Last updated: 15 Nov 2018