Small Business Digital Grants Program
The Small Business Digital Grants Program provides small businesses with access to digital technologies and services to enable them to work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
Matching funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching). The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the product or service. The value of the grant payment will be increased to compensate for any GST.
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be based in Queensland
- have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last 12 calendar months
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
The participating business must provide a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
Round 2 opens on 8 March 2017.
Further rounds will open in June and November 2017.
Businesses will be surveyed 12 months after the completion of the project.
Who should apply
All Queensland-based small businesses can apply. The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased will enhance the digital capabilities of the business and help them to be more competitive.
Before applying, read the following:
How to apply
We are currently not accepting applications. The next round will open on 8 March 2017.
How you will be assessed
All applications will be assessed against eligibility criteria. Further assessment will include:
- the extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- value for money.
For further information about the program and application process, refer to the application guidelines or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
- Last reviewed: 15 Feb 2017
- Last updated: 15 Feb 2017