Small Business Artisan Producer Grants Program
Queensland consumers are increasingly sourcing gourmet food (including non-alcoholic beverages) from artisan producers to enhance their food experience. This shift in food trends is reflected by the increasing consumer interest in 'paddock to plate' food experiences, growth in organic, gourmet and specialised produce purchasing, and a preference for buying locally made products.
The Small Business Artisan Producer Grants Program will provide assistance to artisan producers of gourmet food (including non-alcoholic beverages) to help them grow their businesses, access new market opportunities and enhance their gourmet food expertise.
Funding of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible artisan producers to engage business consultants, mentors or digital experts to assist them to establish and grow their businesses, and to seize market opportunities as they arise.
If successful, a 50% funding contribution of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) is provided following completion of your project. The applicant needs to meet the eligibility and assessment criteria in the application guidelines to be considered and must provide satisfactory evidence of the project's completion to obtain funding. The minimum grant funding amount available is $1,000 (i.e. project value is $2,000 or more).
These grants are available to all small artisan producers based in Queensland that operate within the gourmet food sector (including non-alcoholic beverages).
To be eligible for this grant, the business must:
- be an artisan producer of gourmet food (including non-alcoholic beverages) based in Queensland
- have a registered business name
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have Queensland headquarters (read the Guidelines FAQs for more information)
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt
- use ingredients in a unique or skilled manner
- be sensitive to the impact of production on people and environment.
Only 1 application will be accepted from an individual ABN or financial beneficiary of a business.
Applying for the grant
The Small Business Artisan Producer Grant has now closed and we are not accepting applications. Information about future grant programs will be available after the new small business strategy is published.
Subscribe to our Small Business Connect newsletter to be notified about small business grant programs.
For further information about the program or application process, phone 1300 654 687 or email email@example.com.
View the 2019–20 Small business grants schedule to help plan your applications for grant rounds.
- Last reviewed: 12 Feb 2020
- Last updated: 12 Feb 2020