Preparing an emergency kit
Preparing your business for natural disasters
If a natural disaster strikes and you need to evacuate, having an emergency kit can help keep your business running in another location.
Keep your emergency kit where you can quickly and easily retrieve it. Alternatively, store your kit safely and securely off-site.
Record in your business's emergency plan the contents of your emergency kit and make someone responsible for keeping your kit up to date.
Key items to include in your emergency kit include the following:
- List of employee contact details
- Emergency services contacts
- List of customer and supplier details
- Product lists and specifications
- Latest stock and equipment inventory
- Insurance policies
- Financial and banking records
- Back-up data on USB memory sticks or external drives
- Spare keys or security codes
- Portable radio
- Spare batteries
- Mobile telephone with credit available, plus charger
- Disposable camera (useful for insurance claims)
- Complete first aid kit, first aid manual
- Masking tape
- Plastic sheeting
- Personal protective equipment - gloves, masks, disinfectant, safety glasses
- Waterproof bags for valuables
- Find out how to build resilience on the Get Ready Queensland website.
I want to...
- Be My Guest workshop - Brisbane 18/10/2017
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 18/10/2017