Building brand awareness
Once you have developed a brand, you can work on ways to build awareness of it through your marketing plans. You should have a well-developed brand before you begin using it in advertising, sales and marketing activities.
Promoting your brand through advertising, signs and marketing can help customers recognise your business. It's important that you are consistent in the way you use your brand so that customers easily recognise your business in your advertising, marketing material and premises. Consistent use of your brand also helps customers remember your business, and can help improve customer loyalty.
If your brand doesn't attract customers the way you hoped it would, you may need to consider refreshing it, or 'rebranding'. In these cases, you need to revisit your business plan and research your market again to see what's changed. You will need to take similar steps to rebrand as you did to develop your brand, including looking at your whole business and your customers, and working out the vision for your business.
- Find out more about marketing, including how to create a marketing plan.
- Learn about using your brand in your advertising.
- Learn about public relations.
- Learn about websites, social media and digital marketing.
- Read about how to improve customer service.
- Find out how you can use social media to market your business.