How to find new staff
Once you have a clear idea of the type of staff you are looking for and have prepared a job description, you can consider how you will recruit them.
Job advertisements in newspapers or online are common, but they are not your only options. Other options for finding new staff include:
- revisiting CVs from previous applicants to match skills gaps
- monitoring online job sites
- engaging a recruitment agency
- using social networking sites such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
Networking is also a useful tool for finding new staff through word of mouth. You can network at social events, conferences, seminars or meetings, or through groups and associations relevant to your business.
Learn more about recruiting and interviewing.
- Find out about the Back to Work program helping regional and South East Queensland businesses and jobseekers.
- Read about Jobactive, an Australian Government initiative helping you find the right staff for your business.
- Find out about employing children.
- Learn how to incorporate new employees into your business with staff inductions.
- Find out about hiring staff from overseas.
- Read about how to write a staff code of conduct.
- Find out more about hiring a contractor, consultant or freelancer.