Partnerships during an apprenticeship or traineeship
Apprenticeships and traineeships are complex partnerships between:
- employers and their apprentice/trainee
- Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) providers
- registered training organisations (RTOs) like TAFE or trade school
- us, the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training.
Depending on the arrangement, other parties can also be involved such as:
- group training organisations (GTOs)
- high schools
- parents and guardians (for school-aged apprentices/trainees).
This guide helps you understand who does what in this partnership, what each party is responsible for and how and when to contact them for assistance.