Staff performance reviews
Finding and keeping good staff is a challenge for most businesses. Conducting performance reviews is an effective way to recognise and reward staff contributions, which can help you retain the expertise you need and minimise your business's staff turnover and recruiting costs.
Many business leaders find that the daily demands of operating a business keep them from properly evaluating how their business is performing. Finding the time to review business and staff performance can help you improve the way your business runs and build a strong and effective team. Establishing a performance review process is an essential part of effective business leadership.
Staff performance reviews are generally conducted every 6 or 12 months by each team member's supervisor. They can be used to:
- identify performance issues early
- provide feedback
- build skills and confidence
- set clear performance measures
- keep your staff motivated and accountable.
This guide explains the steps you need to take to run an effective performance review process.
I want to...
- Payroll tax and grouping provisions 28/10/2021
- Get Ready Small Business webinar: Marketing health check 28/10/2021