Choose a training course
There are thousands of vocational courses delivered by registered training organisations (RTOs) in Queensland.
Choosing the right one for your apprentice or trainee will depend on factors such as location, fees, subsidies, delivery method, pre-requisites and support services. It pays to shop around.
Course comparison checklist
When comparing training courses, things to consider include:
- course availability
- course details (electives, assessment, delivery mode, credit)
- course outcomes (qualification type, percentage of successful students)
- costs and refunds (fees, subsidies)
- requirements (prerequisites, computer literacy)
- training facilities.
Eligibility tool from Queensland Skills Gateway
To check your eligibility for government subsidised training in Queensland, use our eligibility tool.
Search tool from Queensland Skills Gateway
The Queensland Skills Gateway has different ways to search for funded courses:
- Search for a course (e.g. 'plumbing' or 'Certificate III in Plumbing') and view providers who are listed as 'yes' or 'no' under the 'Funded' column.
- Search for a course (e.g. 'plumbing' or 'Certificate III in Plumbing') and view details under each listing. The 'Funded under' section tells you how the course is funded and where to go to for more information.
- Refine your search options to select all subsidised courses or only those funded under specific programs like 'User Choice'. Select 'Apply filter' to your results.
Subsidised training programs
Free apprenticeships for under 25s
Learn about fully subsidised training in eligible high priority qualifications for young apprentices and trainees (25 years and under).
Read about the User Choice program, providing a funding contribution to the cost of apprenticeships and traineeships in Queensland.
Fee Free TAFE
Find out about free training (in eligible qualifications) available through TAFE Queensland and CQUniversity.
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 08/06/2023
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 13/06/2023
Phone: 1800 210 210