Dismiss your apprentice or trainee
Once your apprentice or trainee has completed their apprenticeship or traineeship, you can:
- employ them as a tradesperson
- dismiss them.
If you want to dismiss them, you'll have to follow the rules for ending employment.
If you want to dismiss your apprentice or trainee while they are still in training, you'll also need to cancel their training contract.
To dismiss an employee, regardless of whether they are an apprentice or trainee, there are minimum periods of notice.
You may need to dismiss your apprentice or trainee because your business:
- doesn't need that person's job to be done anymore
- becomes insolvent or bankrupt.
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 04/10/2022
- Small Business Wellness Package Launch – Gold Coast 04/10/2022