Employ your qualified apprentice or trainee
Now that you have invested significant time and money training up your qualified apprentice or trainee, you can reap benefits such as:
- lower recruitment costs
- less attrition (when staff leave but are not replaced)
- higher productivity (compared to a new employee)
- improved work processes
- improved public image and reputation (for taking on apprentices and trainees).
Once your employee has completed their apprenticeship or traineeship and is qualified:
- you can keep employing them, but you are not legally obliged to (unless they were a pre-existing employee to start with)
- you will need to increase their pay and entitlements.
- Last reviewed: 22 Apr 2021
- Last updated: 22 Apr 2021