Community Drought Support grants
The Community Drought Support Program is provided as part of the Queensland Government's Drought Relief Assistance Package and aims to support the wellbeing of Queensland communities in drought-declared local government areas.
The program provides funding for supports in drought-declared areas including:
- immediate support to drought-impacted Queenslanders to alleviate household hardship and cost of living pressures
- community events and activities, to increase community participation and improve access to support and social connections.
View the lists of past funding recipients.
Applying for funding – events and activities
The 2021–2022 funding round for community events and activities opens 1 March 2022 and closes 29 March 2022.
Organisations interested in delivering services in drought-declared local government areas can apply for funding to support locally-focused community events and activities that aim to:
- revitalise existing community support mechanisms
- utilise existing community events to increase access to and participation in support services
- address the psychosocial impacts of prolonged drought
- improve individual and community wellbeing and connectedness.
Funding is provided as a contribution to the cost of the event or activity and can be used to support the reasonable purchase of:
- items to support the event/activity such as decorations, disposable crockery/cutlery and equipment hire
- small assets such as gas bottles, barbecues, shade cloths and eskies
- advertising costs to promote the event or activity.
How to apply
Visit our SmartyGrants website to submit your application by Tuesday, 29 March 2022.
Program guideline – service and reporting specification
The program guideline (PDF, 678KB) provides information about:
- the program's purpose and intent
- eligible activities
- funding and reporting requirements.
Email email@example.com for more information about the program.
- Last reviewed: 1 Mar 2022
- Last updated: 1 Mar 2022