Interim Great Artesian Basin Infrastructure Investment Program (IGABIIP)
The Interim Great Artesian Basin Infrastructure Investment Program (IGABIIP) provides funding to repair uncontrolled bores and replace bores drains with pipeline reticulation systems in the Great Artesian Basin.
This contributes to sustainable management of water resources within the basin by reducing water loss to improve aquifer pressure and the health of basin-dependent springs.
About the program
The program is a successor to the Great Artesian Basin Sustainability Initiative (GABSI) and is jointly funded by the Queensland and Australian governments.
Previous programs have resulted in pressure increases and significant water savings in many areas, contributing to the long-term sustainability of the Great Artesian Basin. To date the programs have resulted in:
- 700 bores rehabilitated
- 14,000km of bore drain replaced with piping
- 207,000 megalitres of estimated water savings per year.
How to apply
Applications are closed.
- GABIIP 2017-19: Program end date 30 June 2019
- IGABIIP 2019-20: Program end date 30 June 2020
Resources for current participants
- IGABIIP client guidelines (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Form IGABIIP-002 - Disbursement of government funding (PDF, 803KB)
Phone: 4529 1355
Fax: 4529 1555
Post: Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy, Att: IGABIIP Team, PO Box 318, TOOWOOMBA QLD 4350
- Last reviewed: 1 Mar 2018
- Last updated: 13 Sep 2019