Submit water release monitoring and tracking data online
If your business has been approved to release water into the environment, you may be able to use our Water Tracking and Electronic Reporting System (WaTERS) to submit monitoring and tracking data online.
In Queensland, you need approval for certain types of water releases to the environment under the Environmental Protection Act 1994.
The following types of businesses can use WaTERS:
- large and medium sewage treatment plants in South East Queensland (typically greater than 4,000 equivalent persons)
- large sewage treatment plants across Queensland (typically greater than 10,000 equivalent persons)
- major industries in South East Queensland and the Gladstone area
- selected coal seam gas activities
- chapter 5 coal mines across Queensland.
WaTERS can store many types of data for a range of monitoring points, for example where a pipe releases water into a stream or river.
You can use WaTERS to:
- report concentrations of contaminants such as nutrients, organic matter, suspended solids, pathogens and chlorine
- report water release volumes
- submit notifications to comply with your approval conditions
- receive notifications when your data is due.
Your data is stored online on our secure website.
WaTERS automatically checks this data against approval limits and notifies the Department of Environment and Science each time you make a submission.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Use the forms and fees finder for environmental authorities.
- Learn more about complying with an EA.
- Last reviewed: 20 Apr 2016
- Last updated: 05 Sep 2016