Mining lease application notices
The applicant must publish their mining lease application notice in either a hard copy newspaper or an online publication. The notice should be published for at least 24 hours and must be published at least 15 days before the last objection day.
According to Queensland law, anyone can object to a mining lease application or current environmental authority application for a mining lease. The objection period is a minimum of 20 business days. Details of current mining lease applications are provided below.
Make sure your objection is lodged by 4.30pm on the last day of objections.
Mining lease objections
To object to the mining lease application you must:
- complete the approved form MRA-20 – Objection form for mining lease application (PDF, 148KB) and send the completed form to the mines assessment hub where the mining lease is administered
- send a copy to the mining lease applicant.
Environmental authority objections
The procedure you must follow depends on when the lease application was lodged. Applications lodged:
- before 31 March 2013 – complete form EM512 – Objection to an application or amendment application for environmental authority (mining lease or mining claim)
- after 31 March 2013 – use the approved submission form to lodge your submission.
Notices of mining lease applications
You can download the mining lease notice (MLN) below.
Note: Notices for applications lodged before 31 March 2013 are not published on this website. They are available, along with all application documents, from the mines assessment hub where the claim was lodged.
Application documents that can be downloaded are scanned PDF documents and may not be fully accessible. If any difficulties are experienced with the accessibility of any document, contact the relevant mines assessment hub for a full copy of the lodged application documentation.
Mineral and other purposes
There are currently no mineral and other purpose mining lease applications.
There are currently no coal mining lease applications.
- Last reviewed: 11 Mar 2021
- Last updated: 5 Oct 2021