Development plans and work programs
From 25 May 2020, new provisions came into effect relating to the relinquishment, renewal and administration of exploration permits and petroleum and gas authorities. Read more about the changes to resources legislation.
You may be required to submit development plans or work programs as part of your application for a resource authority or for a renewal of an authority.
The following guidelines and templates have been developed to help you prepare these documents.
- Initial and later development plan guideline for coal mining leases (PDF, 391KB)
- Mineral mining lease development plan guideline (PDF, 407KB)
- Work program guideline (MRA) (PDF, 245KB)
- Work program guideline (ATP) (PDF, 245KB)
- Initial and later development plan guideline for petroleum leases (PDF, 282KB)
- Later development plan guideline for a petroleum lease (PDF, 279KB)
Exploration permit minerals
Mineral development licence
*Note that expenditure is no longer an exploration permit work program requirement and is optional
|Mining claim||Work program (PDF, 268KB)|
|Mining lease (mineral)||Mining program (DOCX, 60KB)|
- Last reviewed: 6 Nov 2019
- Last updated: 21 Jan 2021