Development plans and work programs
From 25 May 2020, new provisions will come into effect relating to the relinquishment, renewal and administration of exploration permits and petroleum and gas authorities. Read more about the changes to resources legislation.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Relief measures for the exploration sectorIn response to the impact of COVID-19, the Queensland Government is providing a range of relief measures for the exploration sector. Find out more about the relief package, including rent waivers, work program variations and exploration initiatives.
You may be required to submit development plans or work programs as part of your application for a resource authority or for a renewal of an authority.
The following guidelines and templates have been developed to help you prepare these documents.
- Initial and later development plan guideline for coal mining leases (PDF, 257KB)
- Work program guideline (MRA) (PDF, 244KB)
- Work program guideline (ATP) (PDF, 244KB)
- Initial and later development plan guideline for petroleum leases (PDF, 233KB)
- Later development plan guideline for a petroleum lease (PDF, 278KB)
Exploration permit minerals
Mineral development licence
*Note that expenditure is no longer an exploration permit work program requirement and is optional
|Mining claim||Work program (PDF, 380KB)|
|Mining lease (mineral)||Mining program (DOCX, 60KB)|
- Last reviewed: 6 Nov 2019
- Last updated: 25 May 2020