The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Why invest in Queensland tourism
Queensland is a premier tourism destination with world-renowned natural attractions. Perfectly positioned on Asia's doorstep Queensland is primed for continued growth, which makes this a great time to invest.
Queensland's modern economy offers investors safe, long-term investment opportunities supported by sophisticated infrastructure, low business costs and increasing tourism demand.
Queensland's key tourism advantages include:
- world-class destinations - with 5 of Australia's 11 World Natural Heritage areas and many national parks and forests, Queensland is one of the world's most beautiful destinations
- growing tourism demand - with an increase in direct flights and airline seat capacity from Europe, the United States and Asia. China is Queensland's fastest growing inbound tourism market in visitor numbers and expenditure
- pro-business economic environment - low business costs, government support for business, highly skilled workforce, sophisticated and reliable infrastructure
- strong tourism industry network - well-established national, state, regional and local tourism industry bodies and associations.
- Learn more about tourism investor support.
- Find out about business migration visas.
- Read about the DestinationQ partnership between the Queensland Government and tourism industry.
- Read the tourism market profile for a summary of key Queensland tourism research and statistics.
- Read the Queensland Ecotourism Development Toolkit for tools and advice on investing in ecotourism.
- Last reviewed: 4 Jan 2019
- Last updated: 4 Jan 2019