Why invest in Queensland tourism
Queensland is a premier tourism destination with world-renowned natural attractions. Perfectly positioned on Asia's doorstep Queensland is primed for continued growth, which makes this a great time to invest.
Queensland's modern economy offers investors safe, long-term investment opportunities supported by sophisticated infrastructure, low business costs and increasing tourism demand.
Queensland's key tourism advantages include:
- world-class destinations – with 5 of Australia's 11 World Natural Heritage areas and many national parks and forests, Queensland is one of the world's most beautiful destinations
- pro-business economic environment – low business costs, government support for business, highly skilled workforce, sophisticated and reliable infrastructure
- strong tourism industry network – well-established national, state, regional and local tourism industry bodies and associations.
- Learn more about tourism investor support.
- Find out about business migration visas.
- Read about the DestinationQ partnership between the Queensland Government and tourism industry.
- Read the tourism market profile for a summary of key Queensland tourism research and statistics.
- Read the Queensland Ecotourism Development Toolkit for tools and advice on investing in ecotourism.
- Last reviewed: 19 Nov 2020
- Last updated: 23 Nov 2020