Support for tourism investment
The Queensland Government provides facilitation services to potential investors and tourism project proponents including:
- a coordinated tourism investment approach - assisting developers of tourism products to navigate their way through government and streamline the development process
- marketing and promotional tools - informing investors about Queensland as a tourism investment destination
- tourism investment events - showcasing Queensland as a tourism investment destination to a global audience and attracting capital for tourism developments
- investment facilitation - assisting investors to find suitable tourism products in Queensland.
The Tourism Investment Attraction Unit (TIAU), part of the Department of Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonwealth Games, offers:
- assistance to find investment opportunities in Queensland
- information about tourism investment opportunities in Queensland
- facilitation of meetings with tourism product developers
- site visits to explore investment opportunities
- introductions to local companies and service providers
- invitations to tourism investment events
- connections with local, Queensland and Australian government agencies to help establish new projects.
The Queensland Ecotourism Development Toolkit provides developers and investors with the knowledge and guidelines to help make informed decisions regarding the development of ecotourism products on different land tenures.
The toolkit has been produced in consultation with key landholding agencies, investors, the tourism industry and other key stakeholders.
Combined with advice and assistance from your town planner and professional advisors, the toolkit can help you:
- create an ecotourism development proposal for securing necessary approvals
- gain an understanding of the ecotourism development process and how to navigate the planning and regulatory approvals process.
The Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2016-20 aims to promote a fresh approach to ecotourism and provides strategic vision and direction to make Queensland an internationally celebrated ecotourism destination.
The Plan seeks to provide tourism operators, government, community and other stakeholders with clear direction on how Queensland will leverage its competitive advantage to become a bold, innovative, world leader in ecotourism.
Read the Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2016-20.
Find investment-ready projects
You can use our map of tourism investment opportunities to learn more about investment-ready opportunities.
Register your interest
Register for tourism investor support to be contacted about tourism investment opportunities or to receive assistance and updates from TIAU.
Tourism Investment Attraction Unit
Phone: +61 7 3333 5273
Project proponent support
Tourism investment masterclass series
You can watch these 6-10 minute masterclass webisodes to assess your investment opportunity, type of assistance required and investment partner sought. This series has been developed for proponents seeking investment for tourism infrastructure projects in Queensland.
Trade & Investment Queensland (TIQ) support
TIQ specialists work with project proponents to identify and qualify specific investment opportunities, which they then market through their network of 15 offices around the world.
Visit TIQ for assistance or to find out more about other investment-ready projects at various stages of development.
Apply to have your project showcased
You can apply to put your project on our tourism investment opportunity map, which showcases examples of Queensland tourism projects to international and domestic investors.
- Last reviewed: 26 Sep 2016
- Last updated: 26 Sep 2016