Leading advanced manufacturing businesses in Queensland
There are many companies in Queensland involved in advanced manufacturing, including:
- Boyne Smelters Limited - Australia's largest alumina smelter
- Capral Aluminium Limited - Australia's largest aluminium extrusion facility
- Carlton United Breweries - Australia's biggest beer producer has a brewery in Yatala
- Cement Australia - Australia's largest manufacturer and distributor of cement
- CSR - leading manufacturer of building products in Australia
- EGR Group - major automotive product manufacturer with its head office in Brisbane
- Glencore (Xstrata Copper North Queensland) - processing copper from one of the largest underground mines in the world and the deepest mines in Australia (1,800 metres)
- Liberty OneSteel - Queensland's largest steel manufacturer
- Ludowici Limited - global mineral processing equipment company with its headquarters in Brisbane
- Multinail - one of the largest nail plate manufacturers, supplying products to the timber truss industry
- Orica Australia - one of the largest producers of sodium cyanide in Australia, and the third largest in the world
- Queensland Alumina Limited - one of the world's largest alumina refineries
- Rio Tinto - the world's largest alumina refinery
- Sun Metals Corporation Pty Ltd - Australia's largest producer of refined zinc metals
- Volvo Commercial Vehicles - major vehicle manufacturer of Volvo and Mack trucks, based at Wacol.
- Learn about proposed and planned infrastructure projects in Queensland.
- Find out about the benefits of doing business in Queensland.
- Last reviewed: 28 Jun 2013
- Last updated: 14 Feb 2018
I want to...
- Contract delivery workshop 31/05/2023
- Capability statement writing workshop - Bundaberg 04/07/2023