Advantages of bringing an advanced manufacturing business to Queensland
There are many advantages to bringing your advanced manufacturing business to Queensland, including access to existing industry clusters, government support, and Queensland's highly skilled workforce.
Regional Queensland is home to manufacturing industry clusters, which comprise 28% of industry activity in the state.
Many regional strategies support manufacturing and recognise it as an important industry that generates employment and business growth in Queensland.
The Queensland Government's Office of Advanced Manufacturing supports the manufacturing industry through a range of initiatives and programs.
State development areas have been created for manufacturing in areas such Townsville, Abbot Point, Gladstone and Bromelton. These areas offer:
- attractive industrial development opportunities
- greater development certainty for industry
- protection of environmental values in the region
- access to road, rail and port facilities
- efficient processing of development applications.
Learn more about state development areas.
Workforce, education and training
Queensland has a highly-skilled, motivated, employment ready workforce. Part of this workforce includes skilled workers from overseas attracted by Queensland's idyllic lifestyle and low cost of living.
Queensland has numerous world-class universities and vocational education institutes.
Learn more about Queensland's highly skilled workforce.
I want to...
- SCC Cruise Party 25/05/2019
- Cairns Chamber of Commerce - QSBW Breakfast featuring Lisa Curry (QSBW) 27/05/2019