Working with events and festivals
Local events draw visitors in and there are many ways to ensure your business benefits from the increased visitation. Learn how you can leverage events as part of your business plan.
Tourism and Events Queensland's Working with events (The Big Marketing Guide) (PDF, 893KB) shows you how to prepare your product, build relationships with event organisers and how to sponsor or partner in an individual event.
Organising and running events
If you're looking to organise your own event or festival, check out these guides to help make it a success.
Read these resources to raise your business' profile through sponsoring:
- Find out what sponsorships are available for partnering with the Queensland Government in special events and award ceremonies such as Australia Day, Queensland Day, Queensland Reconciliation Awards and Premier's Awards for Excellence.
- Tourism and Events Queensland's event sponsorship & partnership (PDF, 893KB) also gives advice on how best to sponsor an event (see pages 156–157).
Find out more about applying for funding support for your event:
- Queensland Destination Events Program includes information on the type of funding available for regional events, eligibility criteria and schedule for applications
- Queensland Government sponsorship requests outlines sponsorship available to businesses, associations, local councils and not for profits to deliver significant initiatives and events in Queensland
- Community Grants and Programs includes information on grants programs such as funding for multicultural events.
Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games
Find out how your business can make the most of opportunities arising from the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Be Games Ready - read about how your business can capitalise on the opportunities GC2018 presents.
- Embracing 2018 Legacy Program - find out about the long-lasting benefits that will be created from GC2018 including those relative to the tourism industry.
- Sponsorship opportunities with GC2018 - learn how your business can benefit from joining the GC2018 Sponsor Family.
- GC2018 resources - provides example itineraries, maps and visitor advice to assist hosting cities and tourism businesses showcase their local products and services.
- Last reviewed: 11 Sep 2017
- Last updated: 11 Sep 2017