Step 6: Measure and manage service quality
Once you have systems and standards in place for service quality, it's important to regularly measure and manage the results. This helps make sure they meet your expectations.
Different tools you can use to measure service quality include:
- customer research (e.g. feedback cards, surveys and forums)
- customer complaints policy
- market research
- tourism customer review sites (e.g. TripAdvisor)
- social media sites (e.g. Facebook and Twitter).
After you have measured your service quality you should manage the outcomes and incorporate them into your day-to-day operations. Some ways to do this include recognising and rewarding your staff, and revising your documentation and training.
Find out more about collecting and storing customer information, including feedback.
- Last reviewed: 22 Dec 2020
- Last updated: 20 Dec 2021