Responsible management of licensed venues (RMLV) training
It is mandatory for liquor licensees (if individuals), approved managers and some permit holders to have a current responsible management of licensed venues (RMLV) certificate.
Approved RMLV trainers
If you require RMLV training, the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) provides a list of RMLV approved trainers to choose from. If you are an approved RMLV trainer OLGR provides approved RMLV trainer resources for your use.
RMLV course delivery
The course is a minimum of 10 hours, and is delivered by an approved trainer through either of the following methods:
- in person - this can be in a classroom or one-on-one over 2 days
- video conferencing - this can be done using online video conferencing tools. This must be delivered by an approved trainer and completed within 7 consecutive days from when you start the course.
Note: If you are about to obtain a responsible management of licensed venues (RMLV) licensees' course certificate, or if you already hold a current certificate, you are not required to also train in the responsible service of alcohol (RSA).
When you successfully complete the course, the approved trainer will issue you with a RMLV certificate. The certificate will remain current for 3 years. It is your responsibility to ensure your training is renewed before your current certificate expires.
RMLV for approved managers
Approved managers must hold a current RMLV certificate. This is valid for 3 years. The licensee must ensure approved managers working at a licensed premises have a copy of their current certificate.
Exemptions from having to employ an approved manager are outlined in Guideline 43: Approved managers.
- Contact OLGR for more information about RMLV training.
- Last reviewed: 02 Sep 2016
- Last updated: 02 Sep 2016