The true odds of winning when gambling
You have a 1 in 7,000,000 chance of winning the top prize on a gaming machine (playing maximum lines).
Most gaming machines in Queensland pay between 85% and 92% return. This means that for every dollar bet on a gaming machine, between 85 and 92 cents is typically returned to gamblers, over time. In casinos the minimum is 85% return and there is no upper limit (casinos set the upper limit on the return to players). The remainder of the money goes to the venue.
You can't expect to receive an 85% to 92% return for every dollar you bet. This return is achieved over the life of the machine. Machines run approximately 1 million turnovers and usually function for 3 to 4 years.
There are no strategies for winning on a gaming machine. You can never predict the outcome for a play.
- Visit Gambling Help Online.
- Read the Queensland responsible gambling code of practice and resource manuals.
- Download compliance signage and other materials for gambling providers.
- Access free and confidential counselling, support and advice.
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8556