Objecting to liquor licences and adult entertainment permits

Most applications for new liquor licences or adult entertainment permits (or variations to liquor licences) must be advertised to comply with the Liquor Act 1992.

This gives the public and nearby businesses a chance to have a say or object to applications that may negatively impact the community and the lives of people living or working near the licensed premises. The Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) also separately consults the police, council and the Attorney-General about new applications.

This guide explains how to lodge a public objection to a liquor licence or adult entertainment permit application, the grounds for objecting and how objections are assessed.


General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)

  • Licence and permit enquiries

1300 072 322

  • Gaming compliance enquiries


  • Liquor compliance enquiries


  • Media enquiries (07) 3738 8555