Submit an online noise complaint diary
Licensees must ensure the noise coming from their premises is reasonable and meets the noise limit condition of their liquor licence. This includes noise from:
- some types of mechanical noise related to the operation of the premises.
The Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) doesn't investigate every complaint it receives about problem noise. We assess a number of factors to decide whether to investigate the matter or if another response is more appropriate. Receiving detailed information from you will help with our assessment.
When to use this form
Use this form to notify OLGR about noise from a licensed venue that's an ongoing problem.
We need as much detail as possible, so we can focus our inspections. The longer you record the information, the greater chance we have of identifying any patterns or trends.
If your complaint is about a one-off noise-related incident, complete the general online complaint form.
Before completing this form
Make sure you:
- have read the information about making a complaint about liquor and gaming venues
- understand what issues OLGR can investigate and the assessment process
- have prepared any supporting evidence (e.g. a noise complaint diary, other documents, audio, or video)
- have contacted the licensee or venue manager to try to resolve the matter with them directly.
Other ways to make a noise complaint
If you prefer, you can download and complete the noise diary, and then either:
- email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- post it to
Investigations Branch Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation
Locked Bag 180
CITY EAST QLD 4002
Complaints about other issues
If your complaint is about something else that OLGR deals with, complete the general online complaints form.
The Queensland Government manages your privacy and personal information in line with the Information Privacy Act 2009.
I want to...
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Licence and permit enquiries
1300 072 322
- Gaming compliance enquiries
- Liquor compliance enquiries
- Media enquiries (07) 3738 8622