Emergency Animal Welfare COVID-19 Exhibited Animal Assistance
The Emergency Animal Welfare COVID-19 Exhibited Animal Assistance Program provided a funding package to support licensed exhibitors with the continued care and management of authorised animals as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The one-off administrative grant helped to minimise the risk of immediate animal welfare issues associated with exhibitors' financial distress.
The funding was used towards the expenses associated with:
- food for authorised exhibited animals
- veterinary care and animal care services for authorised exhibited animals
- operational expenses (other than existing staff wages) that relate to the care and management of authorised animals.
Eligible applicants included Queensland based zoos, aquariums, and mobile animal exhibitors licensed under the Exhibited Animals Act 2015.
If you have an enquiry in relation to the progress or outcome of your application, email the Exhibited Animal Unit at email@example.com.
- Last reviewed: 16 Jun 2021
- Last updated: 16 Jun 2021