Red witchweed surveillance program
A surveillance program for red witchweed has been authorised under the Biosecurity Act 2014.
Purpose and scope
- Confirm the presence, or find out the extent of the presence of red witchweed, in parts of Queensland.
- Confirm the absence of red witchweed, in parts of Queensland.
- Monitor the effects of measures taken in response to a biosecurity risk of red witchweed.
- Monitor compliance with reporting requirements about red witchweed.
The biosecurity program applies to the local government area of the Mackay Regional Council.
Commencement and duration
The biosecurity program started on 1 July 2016 and will continue until 30 June 2026.
The duration of the biosecurity program is considered to be reasonably necessary to achieve the purpose.
Access to biosecurity program
A copy of the biosecurity program for the surveillance of red witchweed is available for inspection at all Department of Agriculture and Fisheries offices.
A free copy can be provided on request by contacting our Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23.
- Last reviewed: 21 Jun 2023
- Last updated: 23 Jun 2023